The Night Ministry needs you. Since 1976, The Night Ministry has been making a difference in the lives of thousands of adults and youth in Chicago every year. Your support helps us transform more lives by providing vital services like outreach services, youth shelter, health care, counseling, and referrals. Volunteers groups also help us serve over 80,000 meals every year to those in need. Any donation you can make helps us provide adults and youth who are at-risk or homeless with the programs and services they so desperately need. Please give now by using our secure server.
Special Ways to Support The Night Ministry
- Make a gift to The Night Ministry in honor of a friend, family member, co-worker or client. Your gift to The Night Ministry will provide free housing, health care and human connection to thousands of Chicagoans experiencing homelessness or poverty. Each of your recipients will receive a card acknowledging that you made a donation in their honor. We are happy to mail the cards to you for purposes of gift giving or we can mail them directly to the recipients. To make a gift in honor of someone this year, please email or call 773-878-9000.
- Consider supporting The Night Ministry by doing your shopping online through www.goodsearch.com! Just go to www.goodsearch.com/choosecause and enter “Night Ministry” into the search bar. You can sign-up for free and visit hundreds of retailers under the Goodshop tab. Between 1% and 10% of your online purchases will support The Night Ministry’s vital work in the Chicago community. Retailers include Amazon.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ebay, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, and hundreds more!
- Book travel, shop & compare, and utilize money-saving coupons through iGive, all while raising money for The Night Ministry! When you shop through iGive, you’ll be able to access retailers you know and love- like Best Buy, Clinique, Dillard’s, Gap and Ked’s- but a portion of your purchase goes toward The Night Ministry. To get started, visit www.igive.com and choose “The Night Ministry” as your favorite cause!
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to The Night Ministry. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service. Support The Night Ministry and start shopping by registering at smile.amazon.com today.
- If you would like to purchase disposable Ventra transit cards to help our residents travel to job interviews, school, and medical appointments, you can order them from the CTA by completing this group sales form and mailing it to the CTA: https://www.ventrachicago.com/assets/1/7/Ventra_Group_Sales_Order_Form.pdf . You can even request that the CTA mail the cards to The Night Ministry at 4711 N. Ravenswood Ave., Chicago, IL 60640. Please note that each mail order requires a minimum of ten tickets. If you would like to donate less than ten tickets, we recommend you purchase single-ride disposable passes or 1-day passes at CTA rail stations and either mail them to us, or drop them off at our office during regular business hours.
- Your Community, Your Support, Your Choice. Thrivent Choice is a charitable grant program that allows eligible members to recommend where Thrivent Financial distributes part of its charitable outreach grant funds each year. The Night Ministry is now listed as a participating organization in Thrivent Choice. Thrivent Financial members can direct Choice Dollars® to The Night Ministry here!
Honor and Memorial Gifts: A gift made in honor or memory of someone special, or made in lieu of a gift for a special occasion, is a meaningful way to honor someone special in your life by supporting the mission of The Night Ministry. For more information on honor and memorial gifts, view our informational flyer. Make a Donation Now!
Commemorative Pavers: A Courtyard Paver is a memorable gift for the person who holds a special place in your heart. The paver can have a personalized message and will be displayed in the courtyard of our Open Door Youth Shelter. A picture will be sent and a special card to notify your recipient. For more information about our pavers and to order one today, view our paver form.
Become a Beacon of Hope (monthly giving program): For as little as 33¢ a day, you can help us access an immediate and continuous funding stream for our vital programs and services, and focus on meeting the most pressing needs of the adults and youth we serve. For more information on becoming a Beacon of Hope, view our informational flyer.
Planned Giving: Consider The Night Ministry in your will, trust or estate, and make your relationship with the people we serve last a lifetime.
Stocks and Bonds: A gift of appreciated securities could provide greater tax advantages than a cash donation. For more information click here.
Employee Matching Gifts: Many companies offer matching gift programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations. Some provide matching funds to support employee volunteer hours. Most programs match contributions dollar for dollar, and some will even double or triple the amount of your gift! Some companies may match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses.
To find out if your company has a matching gift program, please contact your human resources department. If they do simply request the matching gift form from your employer and send it completed and signed with the receipt of your gift. We will do the rest.
If you have made an online contribution, simply complete the form and mail it to:
The Night Ministry
4711 N. Ravenswood
Chicago, IL 60640
We will complete the form and return it to your employer's matching gifts office for processing. The company will send its matching donation directly to The Night Ministry.
Corporate Partnership: Find out ways your company can become involved in supporting The Night Ministry here.
Other Creative Ways to Give: Click here to get ideas about other exciting ways to support the work of The Night Ministry!
To give by phone, call us at 1-773-784-9000.
To give by mail:
The Night Ministry
4711 North Ravenswood Ave
Chicago, IL 60640
The Night Ministry is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization. Monetary donations made to The Night Ministry are tax-deductible; however, certain donations in which the donor receives a good or service in return for a donation are not tax-deductible or may be only partially deductible. Please consult your tax advisor regarding specific questions about your deductions.