About 25,000 youth in Illinois experience homelessness each year, nearly 10,000
The Night Ministry provides a continuum of age-appropriate services for homeless
youth. Staff help youth
identify their own strengths, advocate for themselves, and create solutions
to their own problems.
- Our Youth Outreach Team reaches out to homeless and LGBT youth in Lakeview to offer non-judgmental support, guidance, food and self-care supplies.
- Our Youth Housing programs provide structured, safe and supportive living situations to youth from all backgrounds who face multiple, difficult challenges. The Crib is an overnight youth shelter for people age 18-24 that addresses immediate housing needs. Our 120-Day Interim program offers longer-term, housing and social services for homeless youth.
- Our Response-Ability Pregnant & Parenting Program is the only shelter in Chicago that will work with pregnant or parenting teens as young as 14. We operate a 120-day interim housing program dedicated to serving pregnant or parenting runaway, throw away, or homeless youth and their children.
- Our Continuing Care program provides encouragement and practical resources to help former
residents obtain or maintain stable housing, education, and employment.
- Our H.E.L.L.O. (Homeless Experts Living Life's Obstacles) Activism Group, co-organized by The Night Ministry, The Chicago Coalition for the Homeless, and Lakeview Action Coalition works with homeless and formerly homeless youth to advocate for change.